In Confidence - Of Wolves and Lambs
by: Nicole Juliette Hetlyn
Rock/alternative band, In Confidence is releasing a deluxe edition of their EP, Of Wolves and Lambs on May 24th. We teamed up with them to let you hear the tracks four days early, only through Savvage Media! The Deluxe edition of the EP features 5 unreleased commentary tracks for each song, as well as 3 raw, acoustic demos. OWAL was recorded in Nashville and produced by Matthew Kennedy (The Dangerous Summer, Kill The Mountain). In Confidence is known for their powerful sound - killer vocals, pulsating drums, and captivating guitar riffs. What they are most admired for is their humbleness; honest, relatable, inspiring lyrics. Also, getting to know each and every person that listens to their music; I can 100% say that they care about every single person out there. They want to inspire you, while getting to know you. That being said, let’s dive into their album, track by track.
1. "Maturity" - This track is about how your life experiences help shape who you are. Life throws some curve balls at you, learning to rely on yourself and facing battles on your own will help you to grow stronger. I love all of the stories intertwined within this song. In Confidence shares such relatable life experiences in the lyrics. Every time I sing along, I find myself nodding in agreeance, like yeah, I did this and I guess it all worked out. This song is so relatable, you hear some of these phrases and realized that the journey of growing up has had it's hard times, but you're maturing in how you handle things and your overall outlook on life.
Favorite lyric: "Don't jump ship, sellouts always sink."
2. "You're Every Word of This" - This song hits so close to home, it gives me chills every time I hear it. It's a song that In Confidence wrote in honor and grievance. The guys wrote this song specifically about friends/family members that have passed away to tribute them. It's very rare to have artists be so vulnerable, and I respect In Confidence for putting their hearts into this tribute. I remember hearing them sing this song two weeks after my mom was diagnosed with cancer. Hearing the line "when you were sick, you were just my mom" brought me to absolute tears. It was written for one of the band members, who lost his mom, and I felt so connected and my heart ached with him. This is a song that will definitely help you while you are grieving and to know you're not alone.
Favorite lyric: "Where were you when I needed you the most? You're every word of this."
3. "As We Were" - This is by far my favorite song on the EP. The lyrics will metaphorically punch you in the throat. Everyone has either been in a bad relationship or toxic relationship. Or maybe you watched someone in a toxic relationship just slipping life away. Sometimes someone is smothering you and just bringing you down. This song has brilliant lyrics, that will make you feel those tense feelings all over again. I can listen to this song on repeat all day and think about how much better off I am for cutting certain people out of my life, it's definitely a song that hits close to home.
Favorite lyric: "Kiss my face, and stab me in the back."
4. "My Lack of Words" - It's an anti-love song about the future, it's not your typical "love song." It gets frustrating not knowing who you will fall in love with or when you will be in love with them. Maybe soon, maybe never. It's hard to put blind faith in a concept like love when you don't know who the other person is, but you could put your heart on the line and write a badass song about it. This is a really cool song about someone out there for someday. I love it.
Favorite lyric: "I don't know where you, but I'll sing for you tonight."
5. "152" - Your dreams and goals are valuable. This song is a reminder that what you do matters, and you should always strive for achieving what you want. Don't let anyone tell you that it's not worth it, or that you're not good enough. We're often our own worse critic and we ask ourselves these questions, or just put our goals on the backburner. This song discusses those battles. In Confidence is made up of four genuine guys who pour their heart and soul into every performance. If you want to talk to them after their set, or even online, they will gladly take the time to talk to you. They care about you, your life, your dreams, your problems. I'm very appreciative that I've been able get to know these guys and thankful for their support
Favorite lyric: "Why not somebody else tonight? Why not the stronger man? 'Cause I just can't seem to listen to my own advice."
The EP is fantastic, we highly recommend that you check it out. There's definitely a song for everyone on there. "This EP was the product of a lot of emotion and storytelling from every member of this band. We couldn't be more proud of how that came out. The Deluxe edition is our way of saying thank you for the support you showed us of those emotions, and that storytelling."- Jake Parker (vocalist). In Confidence will officially be releasing the Of Wolves and Lambs (Deluxe Edition) on May 24th. They will be celebrating with an EP release show at Café Coco, followed by a mid-west tour with Mulligan's Match (dates)!
Connect with In Confidence:
As if the commentaries weren't awesome enough, here's a few raw acoustic demos from the early stages of OWAL. Enjoy!!